The CITA Bureau Permanent has appointed at its 138th meeting on Feb. 2012 Dr Thomas Klukas as its representative for the Africa region. The goal is to progress work under a CITA Interim Regional Advisory Group for Africa "Interim RAGA" to the stage where a recommendation can be put to the CITA General Assembly, taking place in Seville, Spain on 14 May 2013 to formally agree to the permanent establishment of a RAGA.
- To share views and to develop and promote best practice for periodical technical inspections "PTI" and technical roadside inspections of in-use vehicles to improving road safety and protecting the environment for the Africa region. An forum for for africa to exchanging information, experience and expertise related to compulsory in-use vehicle inspections.
- Share views with other CITA Regional Advisory Groups for Asia/Australasia, Central & South America, Europe and North America.
- Share views and promote international Standards for periodical technical inspections and technical roadside inspections of in-use vehicles, as there are:
- develops best practice recommendations and draft international standards for the Africa region
- co-ordinates research, studies and investigations for the Africa region
- organises conferences and seminars for the Africa region
- works to improve and harmonise for the Africa region
- inspection methods, standards and equipment
- quality control, quality assurance and accreditation
- training for inspectors
- information systems used to improve inspection consistency and effectiveness
1st Meeting - 19 Mar. 2012 in South Africa
Meeting Documents (Date of publication)
2nd Meeting - Second part of 2012 (Provisional)
There is the intention to organise a second meeting second half of 2012, more details on the final date and location will be announced in due time by the CITA Secretariat. Please contact the CITA Secretariat at email@example.com if you would already have any question or suggestions.